Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Family Ties

I spent the past few days exploring Las Vegas as a faux tourist with my grandma and two aunts, who are visiting from Hawai'i.  I felt a familiar sense of peace and love descend upon me as I bonded with my family, something I haven't done in a long time.  It's difficult living so far from home and away from loved ones, but no matter the distance between us, they remain in my heart and always will.  My family ties remain strong and relevant.  Nothing can break this bond.  And it's comforting to know that that no matter what transpires in my life, my family will always welcome me home. 

Sigh.  My family returns to Hawai'i tomorrow morning.  We said our goodbyes tonight with a pang of sorrow.  I don't know when I'll see them again, but I promise to make it home soon.

On a lighter note, my grandma turns 79 tomorrow!!!  Happy Birthday, Grandma!!!

Contrary to the renown cliche, you can go home again.  I plan to do just that!

No comments: