Saturday, June 11, 2011

Changes

On the way to Rainbow Gardens/Lava Butte.
Road from Las Vegas to Rainbow Gardens/Lava Butte.
Las Vegas far off in the distance.
Random rock formation on the way to Rainbow Gardens/Lava Butte.
Lava Butte a.k.a. The Armadillo
Rainbow Gardens
Frenchman Mountain and the Great Unconformity Interpretive Site
View of The Strip from Frenchman Mountain.
My morning was off to a great start with a little adventure on the dirt roads out of Las Vegas to Rainbow Gardens/Lava Butte with my friend Sherri, her son Donny, and their dog Ginger.  Rainbow Gardens offers a spectacular desert landscape accented by different colored sands like the vibrant colors of a rainbow.  The dirt road leading to Rainbow Gardens was a bit rough and quite daunting at times, but we made it there and back in one piece.  We then made our way to Frenchman Mountain and the Great Unconformity Interpretive Site, which I have yet to research and soak in, but I know it has something to do with sedimentary formations and changes to the existing landscape.

I had a wonderful time discovering more of what Las Vegas has to offer.  I'm too harsh on this city at times as it was never my first choice of where to live.  But I've come to accept that I'm here for the time being, and I'm doing everything in my power to embrace all that this city with its arid landscape and neon lights has to offer.  Opening my eyes to the world and making the best of my surroundings/situation has done wonders for me these past few weeks since I've changed my outlook on life.  It's all about perception and the choices you make.  Las Vegas isn't half as bad as I originally thought, offering surprises of its own, and the world isn't as daunting as I originally perceived as I embrace life for all its worth, good and bad.

Embrace changes in your life with a positive outlook.  Everything is tied to your perception and the choices you ultimately make in life.  Follow your heart, and you'll do exceptionally well.

No comments: