Sunday, June 05, 2011

Venturing Out

Duck Creek and Frenchman Mtn. at the Wetlands Park
Duck Creek at the Wetlands Park
I ventured out of my comfort zone and hiked the Duck Creek Trail at the Wetlands Park.  It was a beautiful morning, and I felt the urge to walk in a natural setting.  I've always wanted to walk the trails at the Wetlands Park near my home, but I never got around to it because I was either a) busy, b) afraid to go alone, and/or c) lazy.  So this morning I told myself to just do it.  To be the change I always envisioned I could be, even if it meant starting small like hiking alone in my backyard.

It's been so hard adjusting to being alone after the break up, and I've been insecure, depressed, sad, angry, and scared all at the same time.  Sigh.  But I know how important it is for me to find myself and to spend this time improving my emotional and physical well-being.  This is probably the most difficult thing I've gone through, but I have to move on and figure life out on my own.  Sigh.  The journey continues, and I'm going to make damn sure that I take in the magnificent view along the way!

No comments: