Monday, December 11, 2006

Reversion and Redemption

I've done it. I've reverted back to my youth. How? By succumbing to peer pressure and watching "Degrassi: The Next Generation." Ugh. Don't tell me. I know. But I can't help it. It's addicting. I'm an addict. A bona fide Degrassi addict. Remember the original Degrassi? It used to be on PBS. I remember Joey Jeremiah with his awful fedora and a very pregnant and troubled Spike. I remember. I know. How awful. But I loved the original. And now I'm loving TNG. Go ahead. Judge me. LoL

BB bought me a Christmas tree last week. It was a surprise. After all the whining about wanting a Christmas tree, she bought it while I was at work and then texted me a photo of it. Needless to say, I was surprised and extremely happy. I beamed and showed my tree off to my friends at work. I called BB to thank her and to tell her how much I love her. I didn't believe that I could be any more in love with my BB. But I am.

I've reconnected with my family. Our relationship has been non-existent for the past year. I can tell you that "out of sight, out of mind" works, but that's not really why I haven't talked with my family in so long. I believe the reason why is I have this fear that I'm being judged by my family and that they perceive me as a failure. I know this stems from my own insecurity, and I'm trying hard to overcome it. That's why I've decided to reconnect with my family. I need to believe that they love and support me no matter what. There may be some who do and some who don't. But it doesn't matter whether they do or don't or what they may or may not think of me. I need to believe in myself and stand up for what's right for me. It's the only way for me to move on and to be happy. It's the only way for me to redeem my life.

Tomorrow is our Holiday Christmas Party at work. I participated in the Secret Santa gift-sharing game. I hope that I receive what I asked for (a Walmart or Target gift card). We're having a full-course meal and some karaoke for entertainment. I may work up the courage and sing a song. FAME! LoL

I have Madonna's "Jump" on repeat. I love this song! MADONNA IS A GENIUS!

I'm currently reading Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre. I've been meaning to read this book since college, but could never get around to it. I've read several chapters already, and I'm impressed by how much I enjoy it. I highly recommend this book, as well as Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Now that's a deep, dark, and emotion-filled masterpiece.

Patch up your life. It's the only way to happiness. It's the only one you have.

No comments: