Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Elusive Burger Found!

You'll never guess what I found without even looking. I found "it" or at least it's "it" until something bigger and better turns up. So I'm flying solo this week what w/BB out of town. I don't cook unless I absolutely have to, and there's nothing at home to eat. I head out to this place near the condo that just opened called Ma Barker's, which sells sliders, burgers, hotdogs, fish and chips, etc. It's my first time there, and I tell the cashier I want to try "Ma's Monster Burger." There's a line behind me and the place is packed. I'm amazed at how popular this place is. My order takes a little longer than expected, but the cashier apologizes and offers me coupons for my next visit and a Ma Barker button (which I'm now tempted to add to my collection). My order finally arrives, and I head home. I get comfortable in front of the TV and open the plastic bag. There are two "to-go" plates in the bag. I think 'now that's a waste' (of a plate). Why couldn't they simply add the fries with the burger? I open the first plate and discover that it's filled with fries. A whole lot of fries! Enough to feed a family of four and the family pets! I'm impressed, to say the least. Then I open the second plate and discover a real treasure. 'OMG!' and 'WTF?!' escape my mouth and run through my head. Are my eyes deceiving me?! Can this really be true?! It is real! It's the elusive burger that I've been trying so hard to find! It's the BIG one! The biggest one I've seen with my own eyes and held in my very hands thus far. OMG! It's so...HUGE! I don't know what to do! I call BB and tell her what I've found. She laughs, but most importantly, she believes me. Then I take several pictures of "it" with my cell phone camera (because BB took the digital camera with her). I take a lot of shots, some with me and the burger and some with the burger and other things to illustrate its immaculate size. LMAO! My heart swells, and I'm too excited to eat it. How can I eat it now that I've finally found it? In the end, my hunger wins and I eat half of the monstrosity. I barely dent the fries. I've finally found it. The elusive burger. Now I need to find others like it, but only bigger and better. Until then, I'll keep dreaming. This story only proves that dreams really do come true!

Never stop dreaming. In due time, your dreams will come true. I found the elusive burger and so can you!

No comments: