Monday, July 17, 2006

San Francisco, Here We Come!

It's official! We're heading west to San Francisco! Of course, it's only for a few days. But it's a long overdue vacation for BB and I. I purchased our vacation package this afternoon, and now I'm researching what to do in SF. I've been to SF once, and I only stayed two nights and two days. Mimi and I crammed the most obvious SF landmarks in two days. We had fun, but I wish we could have stayed longer. So here's my chance. BB's never been to SF, and she's excited that I finally buckled down and purchased our package. I'm excited too. There's a lot to do in SF and with five nights and six days (almost), we can accomplish a whole lot. So, the first thing I'm going to do is buy a book about SF on a budget or something. And I'll do research online. Maybe I can get AAA to send us a SF map and brochures. Hmm...that's a good idea. I'd really like to rent a car for a day or two and see the Redwood forest and Napa Valley. BB and I also want to spend time in The Castro district. Wow! I can't believe we're going! This is great!

It's freaking hot today. The heat wave is horrible. I wish it would rain really hard and non-stop for a few days. We need rain. I've been cooped up in the condo for the past two days, not wanting to step foot outside what with the terrible weather. I did manage to watch Three O'Clock High, which wasn't too bad or that great. It helped to kill time, I guess. My work week starts up again tomorrow, which isn't something I'm looking forward to. Although work is relatively easy and stress-free, I wish BB and I were financially well off to do things we'd love to do with relative freedom. As it is, we're chained to our jobs because we need them to stay afloat. Sigh. Maybe someday this will change, and the freedom we've always hoped for will be our way of life.

No comments: