Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blue Zen Found

To make a long story short, I found my Blue Zen after a week going crazy with worry. As suspected, J&R Music and Computer World sent my package to the wrong address (i.e., incorrect unit number). Fortunately, the alleged doorman who intercepted my package lives in my condo community and had the decency to call me (my number was on the address label) about the mix-up. Although I'm grateful that the doorman handed over my package, I'm a bit suspicious as to why it took him a week to inform me about same. Hmm...I wonder what his intentions were at the beginning, before I placed a tracer on my package. Did he think I was simply going to let my package go without a fight?! Did he really believe that he could keep my Blue Zen?! Argh! But I should be grateful that my Blue Zen is found. BB's enjoying it immensely. All's right with the world.

BB and I are planning a trip to San Francisco in August. We have the money to plan a week's getaway, but I'm hesitant about wasting our hard-earned money on such a trip. I know we deserve a vacation. This will be the only real vacation we'll have this year. BB's all for it and excited, but I can hardly muster any excitement because my frugal qualities are getting the best of me. I've discussed this with BB, and she doesn't understand why I'm feeling this way. We've earned quite a lot of money from our painting projects and can afford this vacation. We've even sacrificed our special days (i.e., birthdays) to work on same projects just to make a little extra on the side. We decided that sacrificing now would allow us to enjoy ourselves later. "Later" has finally arrived, and I'm unsure about our plans. I should just get on with it. We deserve this. We've worked so hard, and we need some time off away from this place. We need a break from real life. Sigh. That settles it. I'm going to book our vacation ASAP.

Watched The Pillowbook this afternoon. The film is quite strange and very perverse. I don't know whether I enjoyed it or not. I did find the human body as an object to write on quite interesting. Speaking of which, did I mention that we saw Bodies, The Exhibition? It was morbid, but entertaining. It gave me a new perspective on the human body, as did The Pillowbook. The human body is fascinating.

Mimi called a few days ago, informing me that she's four months pregnant. Wow. I believe she'd make a great mom. I'm happy for her and Marco. I need to send them a card or something. I can't believe how we're all growing and doing our own things. It seems like only yesterday that my friends and I were chatting it up over coffee or venting about professors and exams. It's strange that we were once so close and familiar, but now so far and different. I only wish the best for my friends and hope that despite the going ons in our respective lives, we will sometimes look back on eachother fondly and remember the ways our friendships enriched our lives. Sigh. I feel like crying.

No comments: