Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Work-Day Blues

Sabrina's getting the boot at work, and I'm sad. You see, Sabrina's a temp with ambition. She temps at Big Company for money, but yearns to be in the theater/entertainment industry. She's been with Big Company for over a year now and has had the relative freedom to pursue her passion (i.e., working on tv shows, stage productions). Unfortunately, our supervisor hired Sabrina's replacement today and informed Sabrina that her time with Big Company is coming to an end. However, a permanent co-worker is leaving Big Company at the end of this month, and Sabrina will most likely be with us until they find another replacement. The search may take a month or two. I'm optimistic. Sabrina's in the dumps because she'll have to look for a new job and because she really doesn't know what to do with her life. She's thinking of going back to school in NYC. I wholeheartedly agree. She's been wanting to visit and/or move to NYC since I've met her, and I feel that everyone should experience NYC at least once in their life. If you can't live there, at least take a week long vacation in NYC. It'll open up your eyes and possibly change your life. But I digress...So I'm bummed that Sabrina may no longer be with Big Company, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Work won't be the same without her. It will be very dull and boring. No more talks about musicals, zombies, the supervisor stuck in the 80's, etc. Sigh. But she needs to leave Big Company once and for all and pursue her dreams. It's about that time.

Anyway, I purchased PS2 last week. I've been wanting to make that purchase for a long while now, but never had the will or funds to do so. I'm so late in the game when it comes to these kind of things. I've been playing Resident Evil 4, and it always freaks me out. I've managed to make it to the fourth level or so, but I don't have a memory card to save where I left off. Awful! I allow myself an hour or two on PS2 and then tear myself away from it. It's so addicting, and I can't afford to be caught up in all that nonsense. After all, I'm thirty. LoL Who am I kidding?! I suck at the game, and I hate having to start all over again. So I simply play for an hour or two until I'm too frustrated and angry to continue. Argh!

I've been meaning to end my blog posts with words of wisdom or something along those lines. So here goes.

Always side with the person who has the most ammo.

No, I'm not a gun toting, NRA card carrying redneck Republican! LoL And I don't condone guns and violence. At least not in real life. However, anything goes when playing Resident Evil 4 on PS2. Unlimited ammunition and a good aim are mighty high blessings, I tell you!

No comments: