Monday, June 05, 2006

Wicked

I trekked to the local library this morning. Unfortunately, the books I wanted to borrow were out, and I couldn't request them online at home because my library card had expired (the horror!). However, I picked up a few books while perusing through the library's massive and somewhat impressive book collection. I chose That Same Flower by Jostein Gaarder (who also wrote one of my favorites, Sophie's World), House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, and The Plot to Save Socrates by Paul Levinson. The last book is a mystery, which isn't my cup of tea. However, the plot centers around Socrates and features other historical characters, which peaked my interest. If you get a chance, read Socrates Cafe by Christopher Phillips. It's thought-provoking and will have you questioning anything and everything to achieve a better understanding of matters.


I'm under a spell. I love Wicked, the musical. And I'm a fan of Idina Menzel. I may have mentioned this in a previous post, but I can't help it. Thanks to a friend, I saw Wicked firsthand. It's amazing! I hope it tours again sometime very soon. "For the first time, I feel wicked."




I'm currently listening to Madonna's "I Love New York". I wish I could have seen her Confessions tour. Instead, I'll have to wait paitiently for it to air on HBO or to be released on DVD. Check out www.madonna.com for all the latest news on her tour or simply to partake in a great site.

No comments: