Saturday, June 03, 2006

Uncomfortable

I'm listening to the New York Theatre Workshop version of RENT. A lot of Jonathan Larson's original lyrics and music were cut and edited, resulting in the version of RENT we've all come to know and love. The NYTW version is...unusual. I'm not used to this version. After listening to it, I understood why Jonathan Larson's original work was edited and cut back a great deal. There's just no way it would have been a success without the major editing.

Jacob invited BB and I to a housewarming party next week. We talked for a few minutes and then hung up. I felt uncomfortable talking to him over the phone after what transpired via our letters. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it'll be at the party. I'm really not looking forward to it, but we'll go because it's the right thing to do. I hate to think that Jacob believes I'm jealous about his new home and that that's the reason why we're no longer close. The last letter he wrote alluded to that. Granted, I'm a bit jealous, but that's not the reason why our friendship is on the rocks (see prior post). Who cares what he thinks. I'll go to the party and try to reconnect with him. And I'll be civil so long as Lucas does the same.

I still haven't received a reply from Autumn. I guess we're at a standstill once again.

On a lighter note, we received free furniture from BB's co-worker, who moved over the weekend. We received a loveseat and a leather recliner, both in pretty good condition. We also bought a 27" tv from the co-worker for $50, and it works like new! We're happy that we finally have furniture for the livingroom, and I'm anxious to get things in order. Thank goodness my weekend is finally here!

On a final note, Happy Birthday to my beautiful BB, who deserves all that her precious heart desires in life. I love you, baby!

No comments: