Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Metamorphosis

I despise being me.  I look in the mirror and hate who I see.  I hate the mask I put on each morning and remove at the end of the day.  I am sick of this facade.  I am tired of living this lie.

I play the fool in the company of friends and colleagues.  I play the martyr before my family.  I play the happy-go-lucky voice of reason to the public at large.  I am nothing more than a frightened girl trying to get by in this lonely world.

I wish I could find the strength and courage within me to slay dragons.  I wish I could be the person I always endeavored to be.  I wish I could be someone else entirely.  I am me, nothing more and nothing less than the shell of a person in the mirror staring blankly back at me.

I pray for the day when I awake to find the person I was meant to be in my reflection.  I pray for the day when I reach my full potential.  I pray for self love and acceptance.  I pray for a metamorphosis.

No comments: