Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Dose of Hedwig, a Shot of Brandi, and a Taste of Tabrett

I'm going to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch at The Onyx tonight, and I'm ecstatic about seeing this musical on stage again!  The last time I saw Hedwig was in NYC in 1999-2000 at the Jane Street Theatre.  Those were the days...sigh.

Yesterday's tragic events in Japan brought me to tears.  My prayers go out to those affected by the earthquake and tsunami.  I'm grateful that my family in Hawai'i are safe.

On a lighter note, thoughts do become things!  I desperately wanted to see Brandi Carlile in concert, and last night I discovered that she'll be performing at the Hard Rock in May!  Squee!   I'm absolutely thrilled!  She's a brilliant musician, and I can't wait to see her perform live!  *doing my happy dance*

That's another item I can cross off my bucket list...

Breathe feel love
Give free
Know in your soul
Like your blood knows the way
From your heart to your brain
Knows that you're whole
- "Midnight Radio"
Hedwig and the Angry Inch

P.S.  Tabrett Bethell has been cast in the new ABC series Poe, an investigative crime drama centered around famed author and poet Edgar Allan Poe.  SQUEEE!!!  Life keeps getting better and better!

Positive thoughts, positive actions, positive results!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the show last night! It was amazing. I'm glad to see someone else was as excited as me for it!!

Last time I saw you
We had just split in two
You were looking at me
I was looking at you
You had a way so familiar
But I could not recognize
Cause you had blood on your face
I had blood in my eyes
But I could swear by your expression
That the pain down in your soul
Was the same as the one down in mine

- "Origin of Love"
Hedwig & the Angry Inch

HRD said...

The show was definitely amazing, as were the actors. Cory Benway is absolutely hilarious, and let's just say I'm glad he wasn't picking on me that night. I hope that Hedwig and the Angry Inch come around town more often. This musical is brilliant!

Unknown said...

Cory definitely was a great choice and I loved all the other actors as well. Im going to have to see his other upcoming show, looks promising... Possibly Dr. Horribles as well.

I hope Hedwig hits up the area more often as well, it is very much worth it.