Sunday, December 17, 2006

Amends

My brother and I have made amends. He called me the day after "the fight" to apologize. He said what he said in anger and he didn't mean it. I apologized in return. We plan to spend more time with eachother in the new year. I'm happy that I have him back.

Sabrina gave me the following quiz to be completed with the aid of an MP3 player. Play along with me, will you?

First, put your MP3 player on shuffle and then hit play. Write the first song that plays in the first category below, skip to the next song and note that song in the second category, and so on and so forth. Each song represents the respective category in your life story. Here goes...

1. Opening Credits: "Take a Bow" by Madonna
2. Waking Up: "One Day More!" from the musical Les Miserables
3. First Day of School: "My Strongest Suit" from the musical AIDA
4. Work: "The Worst Pies in London" from the musical Sweeney Todd
5. Falling in Love: "For Good" from the musical Wicked
6. Fight Song: "Green Finch and Linnet Bird" from the musical Sweeney Todd
7. Break-Up Song: "Swim" by Madonna
8. Prom: "This Is How I Disappear" by My Chemical Romance
9. Life: "Not While I'm Around" from the musical Sweeney Todd
10. Mental Breakdown: "Tune Up #2" from the musical RENT
11. Driving: "The Heart of Life" by John Mayer
12. Flashback: "No Place Like London" from the musical Sweeney Todd
13. Getting Back Together: "La Vie Boheme B" from the musical RENT
14. Wedding: "Thank You For The Music" from the musical Mama Mia!
15. Birth of a Child: "Money, Money, Money" from the musical Mama Mia!
16. Final Battle: "Knowing Me, Knowing You" from the musical Mama Mia!
17. Death Scene: "The Ballad of John and Yoko" from the Beatles 1
18. Funeral Song: "Lonely Room" from the musical Oklahoma!
19. Ending Credits: "Hello, Goodbye" from the Beatles 1

Some of the songs in my category don't make sense, and yet there are several that make absolute sense. I laughed at my results. I have several musicals in my MP3 player. And I have a lot of Madonna songs. I'm disappointed that Madonna didn't pop up more often. However, I'm glad that my opening credits feature Madonna's "Take a Bow."

Have fun and make your life story memorable.

No comments: