Monday, May 15, 2006

Anthony Rapp at The Center

My friend, Sabrina, and I attended an autograph signing and Q&A session of Anthony Rapp's book, Without You, at The Center for GLBT tonight. A. Rapp read a passage from his book about coming out to his mother and how he felt about the experience. At the end of the Q&A, he sang "Seasons of Love" acapella. It was great! He was great! We had a grand time, and I'm awfully glad that I decided to go. Sabrina anxiously awaited this moment, rambling on and on, something she hardly ever does, and even turning red when she finally had her one-on-one face time with A. Rapp. What floored her was A. Rapp actually knew her through a mutual theater-industry friend. She turned as red as she could be and continued to ramble on. LoL She said, "I hope you don't think that I'm harassing you...." In response, A. Rapp said, "No, I don't think that I'm being harassed" or something along that line. LoL She was hilarious. I, on the other hand, didn't know what to say to A. Rapp. I felt ashamed that I didn't purchase his book and that I didn't have something great to ask him. I simply shook his hand and said "Hi! Nice to meet you." Then I asked if he could sign my Rent DVD and take a picture with me. All the while, he was compliant and awfully nice, though a bit withdrawn. He looked tired. Maybe he felt like a fish out of water here as opposed to being perfectly at ease in the bright lights of NYC. Who can blame him. Sabrina and I took pictures with him after fixing her digital camera, which didn't work the first time around. Thank goodness it finally worked, although I blinked in my picture with A. Rapp. Oh well. It was quite an experience, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm listening to Wicked The Musical. I'd love to see Idina Menzel reprise her role as Elpheba in London. I missed the Defying Gravity Tour last year, although I didn't know the musical existed then.

I should get ready for bed. I have to work tomorrow. BB's already asleep, looking every bit as beautiful as she does awake. I love her so much. I'm going to end it here, snuggle next to BB, and join her in dreamland.

No comments: