Saturday, June 25, 2011

Snickers Ice Cream Pie from Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ
I met up with Sam on Thursday night for happy hour at Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que in The District at Green Valley Ranch.  It was my first time there, so Sam and I ordered a bunch of appetizers off the happy-hour menu.  We had the onion straws, Irish nachos, BBQ pork and beef brisket sliders, fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, BBQ beef tips, and hot links.  Needless to say, the food at Lucille's is amazing!  And to wash all that food down, I had a Long Island and a Joe's Hurricane.  Finally, we ended the night with a Snickers Ice Cream Pie, which was ridiculously delicious!!!  I definitely recommend heading out to Lucille's for its famous barbeque and great ambiance.

It was great seeing Sam again.  It's been a long while since the last time we hung out, so we had a lot to catch up on.  Although she gripes about having to read Faulkner for class, I know she's loving every minute of being back in school.  I'm happy that she's happy with her life and where it's headed.  Now if only I could figure out where I'm headed in life...

Sigh.

Anyway, I attended The L Group discussion for the second time last night.  This time around, however, there were two new people in attendance, and the discussion revolved around political and social issues affecting the world and, more specifically, the LGBT community.  The discussion was quite interesting, and I'm simply relieved that we all somewhat shared the same opinion on the issues.  LoL  It's never a good thing to talk about politics because things could get heated, but last night's discussion was pretty tame.  I quite enjoyed the discussion immensely.  I will definitely continue to participate in The L Group discussions.

On to good news!  I made a new friend through The L Group.  LoL  I swear, I'm not a dork even though my blog entries prove otherwise.  Anyway, as I was saying, I made a new friend last night.  Her name is Ota, and she's a musician/performer who recently moved here from San Jose, CA.  She's also a "stud looking for a femme" (her description, not mine lol).  She's really nice.  I hope to get to know her better and see her perform someday.  Yay!  I'm so proud of myself for getting out there and meeting new people.  I forgot how fun socializing could be!

Be bold and have fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what I was looking for, thanks