Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Year...

The Springs Preserve


I celebrated my birthday at the Springs Preserve, and I had a wonderful time!  The Springs Preserve is an interesting, fun, and amazing place to visit!  I learned quite a lot about the Mojave Desert and its people at the Origen Museum, hiked to the Cauldron Pool, enjoyed a relaxing stroll in the Gardens, purchased a few postcards for my collection, and ate at the Springs Cafe by Wolfgang Puck.  Needless to say, my day was rather productive and absolutely brilliant despite spending my birthday alone.  I loved every minute of my special day, and it's not over yet!  I've got something planned for myself that involves dinner from PF Chang's, margaritas, a birthday cupcake, and a good DVD to end the night

I wanted to share this letter I wrote to my future self which I created last year on my birthday via Future Me.  Although I'm no longer with her, the letter brought a huge smile to my face.

Dear Future Me,

So you're another year older. What's new? Hopefully, things are going great for you and Micki, as well as the boys. I also hope we're closer to fulfilling our dreams. Have you got at least the first chapter done on that semi-autobiographical novel? If not, don't sweat it. But never forget your passion. Simply be true to yourself and forget what the world thinks. YOU ARE A FRICKING BRILLIANT STAR!!!

Enjoy your special day, and always remember to breathe and live authentically.

-HRD

I sent another letter today to my future self in commemoration of another year.  I truly hope that this time next year, my life will be on the right track and that I'll be living it to the fullest!

Thank you for another year!  May God bless me with many more to come!

No comments: