Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Attempt

I know, I know. It's been a while since my last post. In that time, BB and I vacationed in San Francisco and had a wonderful time. We enjoyed every minute of our vacation and were deeply saddened by the fact that it came to an end so soon. San Francisco is a great place. So much culture. So much to see and do. So much unlike the city we returned to. Sigh. All good things must come to an end, I suppose. Who knows. We may find ourselves living it up in San Francisco for good next year. I can only hope.

Anyway, I'm currently on a mission. I'm on a mission to exhume the friendships I once shared with a select few. These select individuals played key roles in my life, and recently, we've grown apart. We've drifted from eachother, and I hope to somehow grab on to what's left of our friendship. As a friend and someone who cares, I can only try. Thus, this is my first attempt. I've contacted them and now await a response. I wait in trepidation. Will they care to respond? Is there still hope? Can we turn back time and possibly start anew? I miss my friends. I miss them dearly. Many times have I thought back fondly on the memories we created, the not-so-good and the great alike. There are times when I wish I could call them just to chat, to share an idea, no matter how odd, or to simply vent about life's cruel joke. Sigh. Has too much time elapsed? Will my attempt be futile? I don't know. I surely hope not. I hope my attempt will work. I pray that I don't need a second one.

No comments: